Thursday, September 5, 2013

Brewers season ticket holders gets a personal phone call from Ryan Braun

photo credit to www.thehollywoodgossip.com
                      photo credit to www.thehollywoodgossip.com

Ryan Braun hasn't face the media since his suspension by Major League Baseball for using performance enhancing drugs. MLB and Braun did agree on a 65 game suspension that would keep him out the remaining of the 2013 season. Instead of sulking and hiding from the world, Braun has taken an odd approach you don't see everyday. According to cbs58, Ryan Braun is calling Brewers season ticket holders to apologize for using performance enhancing drugs.
Pat Guenther, the owner of Kelly's Bleachers, shared with cbs58 his phone conversation with Mr. Braun, stating:
He picked up the phone thinking it'd be a joke.
"Hey Pat this is Ryan Braun," Guenther recalls. "Right then and there I knew it was his voice based on interviews I've seen on TV. I knew damn well it was his voice."
So he did what anyone in the service industry would do.
"I said what can I do for you? He said, I messed up, in a nutshell, I messed up. I just want to reach out and say I'm sorry. I cut him off right there. I said you know Ryan, I think you're an amazing athlete and this speaks volumes to your character to reach out to a small business owner like myself and let us know that you are going to do better."
Guenther's bar is a popular hangout for Brewers fans. He's also been a season ticket holder for more than 20 years. "Who hasn't made a mistake? People move forward. I think that's what Ryan is trying to do. He's moving forward. He has no other option. Be better, help his ballclub win games and win the hearts of Brewers fans like he has for many, many years." "He was very humble on the phone. He wanted to reach out and for him to do this is an act of kindness. He wants the people of Wisconsin to support the Brewers and him."

Personally apologizing to the Milwaukee Brewer fans is a clever move on Braun's part. Though he will forever have a tarnished legacy, he may eventually find some forgiveness when he gets reinstated back in the game.

Follow me on twitter
- LeRoy McConnell III Follow @kcmac38
- Blog Follow @RBTS_baseball
- Sports-Kings Follow @realsportskings

No comments:

Post a Comment