Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Watch: Jose Fernandez clears benches after admiring first career home run

Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
                        Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

When Miami Marlins rookie pitcher, Jose Fernandez, turn on a Mike Minor fastball he look like he knew his way around a bat! Only problem was he kinda camped out at the plate like he was Manny Ramirez admiring one of his many home runs! Well, I guess I can't blame him, it was his first career home run in the Majors. He put some good wood on that ball I might add. Oh by the way I did mention he is a pitcher didn't I! Take a look: courtesy of mlb.com

Seriously, standing at the plate admiring your home run can often lead to bad things. Braves catcher, Brian McCann had verbal words with Fernandez at home plate that led to both benches clearing but nothing happen afterwards. After the game, Fernandez spoke on his altercations with Chris Johnson and Brian McCann.
"I feel embarrassed," the 21-year-old Fernandez said. "I feel like I don't deserve to be here, because this isn't high school. This is a professional game. I made a mistake. I'm going to learn from it."
This was Jose Fernandez last game of the season because he has met the 170-inning limit set by the team. He pitched another gem tonight going seven innings giving up one earn run and striking out five batters. He is now 12-6 with an ERA of 2.19 second to Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw. Marlins ended up winning the game 5-2.

 Follow me on twitter
- LeRoy McConnell III Follow @kcmac38
- Blog Follow @RBTS_baseball
- Sports-Kings Follow @realsportskings

No comments:

Post a Comment