In light of the 2013 All-Star Game approaching this Tuesday, RBTS would like to provides some interesting tidbits leading up to the game. Go through our questions and see how knowledgeable you are. Some of the questions require no effort at all; but hopefully there are some that will require a little thought. If by chance you don't know the answer, the key is below the questions. So check out the list of questions and see how many you can answer without peeking!
1. The first ever All-Star game was July 6, 1933. In which major league ballpark was it held?
2. What future Hall-of-Famer is the only player to strike out four times in an All-Star Game?
3. Who has the most career stolen bases in All-Star history?
4. How many All-Star Games ended up in a tie?
5. What HOF slugger struck out a record 17 times in All-Star Games?
6. Who was the first player to hit two homers in a single All-Star Game?
7. Name the three players who won the Home Run Derby and then hit a home run in the All-Star Game that same year?
8. In 1963, an entire starting infield from one team made the National League All-Star roster. Can you name which team?
9. What two players were named All-Star MVP while playing for the losing team.
10. In the 1989 Major League Baseball All-Star Game there was a superstar playing two sports that lead the game off with a monstrous home run, who was he?
11. How many positions did Cal Ripken Jr. play in one All-Star Games?
12. In 1983 Fred Lynn hit the only grand slam in All-Star history, who was the pitcher that gave up the grand slam?
13. What father and son ballplayer each won a All-Star MVP award?
14. In 1982, what city hosted the first All-Star game outside the United States?
15. In the last play of the 1970 All-Star Game Pete Rose famously collided with what catcher at home plate for the winning run?
17. How many home runs did Josh Hamilton hit in the first round of the 2008 Home Run Derby at Yankee Stadium?
18. Who is the only player to hit two triples in the All-Star Game?
19. Who was first player to win the All-Star MVP and the World Series MVP in the same year? 20. Stan Musial, Willie Mays and Hank Aaron all appeared in the same amount of All-Star
Games, how many?
21. Who is the only player to hit an inside-the-park home run in an All-Star Game?
22. What years did Major League Baseball play two All-Star Games in each season?
23. Who famously struck out Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Al Simmons, and Joe
Cronin all in a row during an during an All Star Game?
24. Who has the most innings pitched career in All-Star games?
25. Who has pitched in the most All-Star games?
1. Comiskey Park, Chicago 2. Roberto Clemente 3. Willie Mays 4. two,1961 & 2002 5. Mickey Mantle 6. Arky Vaughn 7.(Cal Ripken Jr. 1991, Frank Thomas 1995, Garret Anderson 2003) 8. St. Louis Cardinals (3BKen Boyer, SS Dick Groat, 2B Julian Javier, and 1B Bill White.) 9. Brooks Robinson (1966) and Carl Yastrzemski (1970) 10. Bo Jackson 11. six 12. Atlee Hammaker 13. Ken Griffey Sr'80 & Jr.'92 14. Montreal 15. Ray Fosse 16. Harold Traynor(1934) 17. 28 18. Rod Carew(1978) 19. Derek Jeter 20. 24 21. Ichiro Suzuki (2007) 22. (1959-62) 23. Carl Hubbell, (1934) 24. Don Drysdale (18 1/3) 25. Roger Clemens (10)
Follow us on Twitter
LeRoy McConnell III@kcmac38
Follow us on Twitter @rbts_baseball
Part of the Sports Kings (@realsportskings) network