Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Is Tampa ready to trade David Price?

David-Price

As the offseason nears the Tampa Bay Rays are preparing life without their starting ace David Price. Though the 2012 Cy Young winner would love to stay put in Tampa he is convinced he has thrown his last pitch in a Rays uniform. Nothing is definite as of yet and Price still remains under contract until 2015; he is eligible for arbitration until he signs a long-term deal. Price had a conference call on Wednesday with reporters and he discussed the idea of moving on. According to SI.COM
You’ve seen it happen a couple of times already I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I know what’s happened in the past,” he said about leaving Tampa. “It’s not disappointing or anything like that. This is a place I love to be. My teammates and everyone in the organization knows that. It’s part of baseball and it’s something I’ve seen go on, it’s kind of something I somewhat prepared myself for.”
What David is referring to is the loss of former teammates Matt Garza who was traded to Chicago Cubs in 2011 and recently traded Jamie Shields who went to Kansas City Royals this past season. Price coming off a Cy Young Award, had a rather disappointing season battling a left triceps strain that cause him to miss six weeks of the season and wasn't his dominating self with a 10-8 record with a 3.33 ERA 151K in 27 starts.

Follow me on twitter
- LeRoy McConnell III Follow @kcmac38
- Blog Follow @RBTS_baseball
- Sports-Kings Follow @realsportskings

No comments:

Post a Comment