Saturday, October 26, 2013

Watch: Rice Owls 4 foot 9 secret weapon take his first collegiate carry

photo by Matthew Postins
                             photo by Matthew Postins

Okay, I lied! He's not a secret weapon but he is Jayson Carter who is a meager 4 foot 9 inch walk-on running back who has been stashed on the practice squad for the past three season who finally got his first action for the Rice Owls. Carter is currently the smallest player ever to play FBS game, take a look at his first carry:
“That young man is here ever day busting his tail on the scout team. He deserves it,” Rice coach David Bailiff said after the game. “I'm thrilled we got Jayson into a Division I football game.”
Mr. Carter may not have taken it to the house but this will certainly be a day he will never forget. Hats off to you Mr. Carter, I may have laugh; but you have one up on me. I never played a down at the Division I level so the joke is on me!

Follow us on Twitter
LeRoy McConnell III@kcmac38
Part of the Sports Kings (@realsportskings) network

No comments:

Post a Comment