Saturday, August 10, 2013

Albert Pujols takes legal action against Jack Clark after PED allegation

credit photo to espn.com
                                    credit photo to espn.com

What do we make about the remarks from longtime Cardinals first baseman Jack Clark who was immediately fired from WGNU 920 on Friday after accusing former Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols and Justin Verlander of using PEDs. Clark made some very strong accusations Friday morning on the Doug Gottlieb Show about the three-time MVP, say he knows "for a fact" that Albert Pujols used performance-enhancing drugs. Clark went on to say:
“I know for a fact he was [on PEDs]. The trainer that worked with him, threw him batting practice from Kansas City, that worked him out every day, basically told me that's what he did.
Haven't we heard this case once before? Ala Roger Clemens and Brian McNamee! Jack Clark has put his reputation on the line by believing in trainer Chris Mihlfeld, who was linked to PEDs in 2006. Mihlfeld was the trainer of former big league pitcher Jason Grimsley who also was an admitted PEDs user. Clark is playing a dangerous game believing in hearsay. In this day in age we need the facts! As you could imagine the slandering by Jack Clark didn't bold well with Albert Pujols, who will take legal action against Jack Clark and the radio station WGNU 920 for smearing his name over the radio air. The WGNU 920 is being held libel for the content going over their air. Pujols had his own prepared statement made Friday evening:
“I've said time and time again that I would never take, or even consider taking, anything illegal. I've been tested hundreds of times throughout my career and never once have I tested positive. It is irresponsible and reckless for Jack Clark to have falsely accused me of using PEDs. My faith in Jesus Christ, and my respect for this game are too important to me. I would never be able to look my wife or kids in the eye if I had done what this man is accusing me of.
“I know people are tired of athletes saying they are innocent, asking for the public to believe in them, only to have their sins exposed later down the road. But I am not one of those athletes, and I will not stand to have my name and my family's name, dragged through the mud.

“I am currently in the process of taking legal action against Jack Clark and his employers at WGNU 920AM. I am going to send a message that you cannot act in a reckless manner, like they have, and get away with it. If I have to be the athlete to carry the torch and pave the way for other innocent players to see that you can do something about it, I am proud to be that person. I have five young children and I take being a role model very seriously. The last thing I want is for the fans, and especially the kids out there, to question my reputation and character.”
Well there you have it, Jack Clark lost his radio gig after one week. He was probably trying to add some shock value to his new show; but what if he's right. It seems that every name that has been mention in the PED scandal has been found guilty of some sort. With Major League Baseball so involved in the biogenesis suspensions, nailing the likes of Braun and Arod, the question still remains is their anyone in sports clean? If Pujols does go through and sues Jack Clark, how can he prove his innocence?

Follow us on Twitter LeRoy McConnell III@kcmac38
Follow us on Twitter @rbts_baseball
Part of the Sports Kings (@realsportskings) network

No comments:

Post a Comment